FOUR KEY COMPONENTS:COMBINE TO CREATE THE SPARTAN PLUS DIFFERENCE GIVING PERFORMANCE AND DURABILITY
- The wood is assessed and all-natural defects like knots and resin pockets are removed. The clear blocks are then reassembled using state of the art finger jointing and/or laminating technology to produce long straight trim.
- Exterior grade adhesives are selected to give strength in any application which allows Spartan Plus to be used in exterior and interior applications around the home.
- A Borate preservative is infused deep into the wood fibre to prevent the onset of decay and insect attack.
- Dual coats of acrylic primer offer a durable coating that restricts moisture penetrating whilst giving a beautiful paintable finish
THE SPARTAN PLUS DIFFERENCE
- Sourced from sustainably grown radiata pine plantations.
- All defects are systematically removed before the wood is finger jointed and/or laminated to produce an engineered straight board.
- High strength 6mm finger joints. Joints are stronger than the wood itself.
- Uses an exterior glue system which meets ASTM D5572 & D5751. PVA (Polyvinyl Acetate).
- Proven Borate preservation system to resist the onset of decay.
- Treatment causes no damage to the wood structure.
- As the Borate preservative system is not solvent based, Spartan Plus is suitable for both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Machine applied with inline drying for double coat priming.
- Primer is an acrylic for exterior use.
- Our primers are compatible with both quality water based and oil based paints for top coating.
- Buffing after every coat for smoother finishing. Ready for a Top Coat.
EYE FOR DETAIL
Quality management is critical to ensure all products are produced to the highest quality standards. The Spartan Plus quality promise:
- Sustainably sourced wood
- Engineered to be long and straight
- Precision machining
- High quality surface finish
Sustainable plantation grown radiata pine is used in the production of Spartan Plus. Trees are a truly renewable resource and have the added benefit of absorbing carbon dioxide (CO2) and releasing oxygen in the growing process. Trees reduce carbon emissions which means when you build with Spartan Plus you are building a natural sustainable home.
GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
- Adhere to Spartan Plus Trim installation and maintenance instructions.
- Check with local building code requirements.
- Water to drain off surfaces.
- Prevent moisture build up or ponding.
- Re prime cut ends, notches and joints.
- Paint manufactures instructions are best.
- Remember it is wood, a natural product
STORAGE AND HANDLING
All trim should be handled with care and is not to be tipped off a truck or lifted with slings at the ends of the pack. Store all wood products in a dry well-ventilated area, prevention measures should be used to minimise the impact of raising moisture from underneath the boards when stored.
THE PRESERVATIVE PROTECTION
Spartan Plus is treated with Sillbor Plus preservative manufactured by Lonza Quimetal Ltda. Sillbor Plus is water based and is applied by spray which minimizes the amount of water that is absorbed by the wood meaning that the wood does not need to be redried after the process. Once sprayed the treated wood product is left to rest for a minimum of 24 hours in a special cover, it is here that the active ingredients are carried deep into the woods cell structure ensuring full penetration. The treated wood is then sent to the priming lines where it receives 2 coats of acrylic primer with sanding before, after and between coats.
Treated wood is conditioned for a minumum of 24 hours allowing the penetration of chemicals.
INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Prior to installation check with local authorities.
- At the time of purchase, Spartan Plus has had 2 machine applied primer coatings.
- All cuts, notches and exposed wood is to be re-primed.
- The use of a light-coloured topcoat is essential to minimize heat build-up.
- After installed in the final application, Spartan Plus products have to be painted with 2 to 3 top coats of paint compatible with primer coating, no later than 90 days after installation.
- Top coat paint is to be maintained and kept in good condition throughout the warranty period.
|Product Size||Length||Product Description||PDFs|
|1x2||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x3||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x4||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x5||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x6||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x8||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x10||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x12||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|5x2||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|5/4x4||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|5/4x6||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|5/4x8||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|5/4x10||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|5/4x12||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x2||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x3||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x4||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x5||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x6||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x8||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x10||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|2x12||16'||S4S||Click to view link|
|1x2||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x3||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x4||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x5||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x6||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x8||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x10||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x12||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|5/4x4||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|5/4x6||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|5/4x8||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|5/4x10||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|5/4x12||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x2||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x3||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x4||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x5||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x6||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x8||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x10||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|2x12||16'||S1S2E||Click to view link|
|1x6||16'||Bevel Sliding||Click to view link|
|1x8||16'||Bevel Sliding||Click to view link|
|1x10||16'||Bevel Sliding||Click to view link|
|1x6||16'||Plowed Fascia||Click to view link|
|1x8||16'||Plowed Fascia||Click to view link|
|1x4||16'||Beaded Sofit||Click to view link|
|1x6||16'||Beaded Sofit||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 2 1/4||7' - 14' - 17'||Brick Mould DP-180||Click to view link|
|3/4 x 5 3/8||16'||6" Crown DP-45||Click to view link|
|3/4 x 4 7/8||16'||5" Crown DP-47||Click to view link|
|3/4 x 3 3/4||16'||4" Crown DP-49||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 5||16'||Backband|
|1 x 1 1/2||16'||Base Cap 164||Click to view link|
|1 x 2||16'||Drip Cap 197||Click to view link|
|1 x 2||16'||Shingle Mould 210||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 2 1/4||16'||Rake 287||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 5||7'||Frame 7' piece||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 5||7'||Frame 7' Piece w/ W STRIP + shrink Wrap||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 5||7'+7'+3'||Frame SET w/ W STRIP + shrink Wrap||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 7 1/4||7'||Frame 7' piece||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 7 1/4||7'||Frame 7' Piece w/ W STRIP + shrink Wrap||Click to view link|
|5/4 x 7 1/4||7'+7'+3'||Frame SET w/ W STRIP + shrink Wrap||Click to view link|
Click here to view Primer warranty for Spartan plus
Click here to view Warranty for Spartan plus
Spartan Plus Brochure
Spartan Plus Installation Guide
Spartan Plus Brochure LR